Black salt is also known as Kala Namak comes from salt mines in India, Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Although there are number of types of black salt, the most common and most sought after kala namak comes from the Himalayas, and is known as Himalayan black salt. Because it is available abundantly in India, black salt price in India is dirt cheap. Having said that, qualities might differ, and to ensure that you get only the best quality kala namak, it is best to buy it from somewhere which assures purity, like KudratKart. You can buy spices online at KudratKart, along with other condiments, oils and honey for daily use. KudratKart sources its products from the best, most trustworthy brands like Modern Agro.
Characteristics of Kala Namak
Black salt is not exactly black, but rather has a dark pink colour. It is called black salt because the rocks it is extracted from have purplish-dark hue. Its taste is like regular salt, but more sulfurous, earthy and smoky.
Differences Between Black Salt and Regular Salt
We know that black salt is different from your regular table salt. Black salt uses also differ from those of regular salt, but what exactly is the difference? Let’s have a look.
- The first difference between kala namak and regular salt is how they are manufactured: While regular salt comes from sea and ground water in areas like Kuch which are then processed and refined to a high degree, where as black salt comes from deposits in the Himalayas, is mixed with certain other compounds and heated. This means that it contains impurities like sulfates, sulfides, iron, and magnesium, contributing to its color, smell, and taste. However, these impurities are not harmful, and rather contribute a number of benefits to your body.
- Kala namak and regular salt are quite different in tastes too: As mentioned before, black salt tastes much more sulfurous, earthy and smoky than regular salt. This is owing to the excess minerals present in it.
- Kala namak contains much less sodium than regular salt: This is why it works well for people who are looking to reduce their sodium intake, like those suffering from high blood pressure. Black salt thus is a good replacement for table salt if you wish to have less sodium, but with the same effect on taste as regular salt.
Always buy from a trusted source like KudratKart which has reliable, FSSAI approved brands like Modern Agro. Black salt price on Kudratkart is also quite low. Let’s now have a look at the said benefits of kala namak.
- Minerals And Antioxidants: Black salt has a number of minerals in it, as mentioned before. Minerals like iron, calcium and magnesium are necessary for healthy functioning of the body. Not just that, kala namak also has antioxidants which remove free radicals from the body and prevent cell death, and thus preventing aging.
- Digestive Benefits: Black salt is known to stimulate bile production in the liver, which helps digestion and prevents problems like heartburn, bloating and flatulence (gas). It also promotes vitamin absorption in the small intestine.
- Heart Benefits: Kala namak also helps reduce bad cholesterol or LDL (low density lipoprotein). Black salt is also a blood thinner, which helps regulate blood pressure. This helps the heart function better. However, too much of kala namak can raise blood pressure due to its sodium content.
- Benefits diabetics: Black salt also helps reduce blood glucose levels, which aids people suffering from type-II diabetes. Black salt use is recommended for diabetics.
- Benefits to the Muscular System: Kala namak has significant amounts of potassium in it, which relaxes muscles in the body and helps them function better. It can also help ease muscle spasms.
Black salt has a number of benefits as mentioned above, however, its dosage is to be controlled, as too much kala namak can actually harm the body. If you’re looking to buy black salt online, look no further than KudratKart. You can also buy spices online on KudratKart, all of which are from brands like Modern Agro which guarantee purity and no adulteration. Black salt price on KudratKart is surprisingly low, at Rs. 55 per 500 grams.
How to use
You can buy Modern Agro Kala Namak on KudratKart, which can be used in the following ways:
- In your food preparations to enhance their flavour, just like common salt.
- To prepare chutneys and raitas, and add a tangy, smokey flavour to them.
- Can be used in pickles and salads by people on a low-sodium diet.
- Can be mixed in yoghurt.
- Can be sprinkled on boiled eggs or omelettes.
How To Ensure Purity Of Modern Agro Kala Namak?
Of course every consumer has the right to know whether what they’re buying is guaranteed to be pure. Here’s how we assure you.
- Modern Agro’s products are approved by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India).
- They are tested in proper food laboratories to ensure that there are no artificial flavours or preservatives in them. Consumers can have the products checked themselves in a lab too.
Why Modern Agro Black Salt?
Modern Agro’s products are sourced directly, handled and processed properly. They’re packed in a hygienic environment, in a graded manner. They use no synthetic products, artificial flavours or preservatives. In addition they have a plethora of health benefits which make them a must-have. What’s better, Modern Agro’s black salt price is very economical!