Cinnamon or dalchini as it is commonly known in India, is a spice obtained from the inner bark of trees from the genus Cinnamomum. Usually used in the form of cinnamon sticks or cinnamon powder, this aromatic spice is used internationally in a variety of food preparations, ranging from curries, sweets, baked goods to snacks, tea and others.
Dalchini is cultivated in South India, in states like Kerela, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, and as a result dalchini price in India is quite moderate. If you’re looking to buy spices online, including cinnamon sticks, you can visit KudratKart.
Characteristics of Cinnamon
Dalchini is usually golden-yellow or brownish-red colour, and very aromatic. The taste of cinnamon is sweet and hot. The odour and taste come from a compound called cinnamaldehyde, which makes up about 90% of its essential oils.
- It is Loaded With Antioxidants: Cinnamon is high in antioxidants known as polyphenols, which reduce oxidative stress on the body, delaying aging and removing free radicals from the body which cause cell damage.
- It is Anti-inflammatory: Due to their high antioxidant content, cinnamon sticks are also anti-inflammatory. Inflammation in the body can cause a number of chronic diseases like arthitis, celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other auto-immune diseases, and consuming dalchini regularly can help prevent that.
- Benefits Heart Health: Dalchini grants a number of heart-related benefits. It reduces LDL (low density lipoprotein) also known as bad cholesterol, and stabilizes good cholesterol. It also reduces blood pressure, reducing the chances of heart disease. People with heart problems can head to KudratKart and buy cinnamon sticks right now, in addition to other heart-healthy spices, oils and products, all from trustworthy brands like Modern Agro.
- It is Beneficial for Diabetics: 1 gram of cinnamon sticks when consumed regularly have shown beneficial effects on the blood markers of people suffering from type-II diabetes. Dalchini regulates insulin, and reduces its resistance, increasing its sensitivity. This reduces the symptoms of diabetes.
- It has Anti-Cancer Properties: Cinnamon has a lot of cancer prevention potential, which is why it is being studied worldwide by doctors and scientists. Studies have shown reduces the growth of cancerous cells and even prevents their formation in the first place. Dalchini has specially been found to prevent colon cancer.
- Cinnamon Sticks Are Anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal: The presence of cinnamaldehyde is responsbile for this property of cinnamon sticks. Not only cinnamon acts as a natural preservative due to this property, it can also effectively treat bacterial and fungal infections of the respiratory tract. Cinnamon tea is often prescribed to people with respiratory illnesses as a reason. Because it is anti-bacterial, dalchini also prevents oral diseases and tooth decay, and is a part of a number of toothpastes.
How to use
In addition to using Modern Agro cinnamon sticks in food preparations as a spice, you can also use it in the following ways:
- Add it in your tea for aroma, flavour and health benefits.
- As a flavouring agent in cakes, pastries, pies and other sweet baked goods.
- Chew on a little piece of Modern Agro cinnamon stick to alleviate tooth ache.
- Mix it with Modern Agro honey in the ratio 3:1 and apply it on your face, leave on for 20 minutes and then wash off.
How To Ensure Purity Of Modern Agro Cinnamon Sticks?
Of course every consumer has the right to know whether what they’re buying is guaranteed to be pure. Here’s how we assure you.
- Modern Agro Cinnamon is approved by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India).
- It is tested in proper food laboratories to ensure that there are no artificial flavours or preservatives in it, consumers can have it checked themselves in a lab too.
Why Modern Agro Cinnamon?
Modern Agro Cinnamon is sourced from fields and handled properly. It uses no synthetic products, artificial flavours or preservatives. In addition, it has a plethora of health benefits as mentioned above which make it a must-have.